Post by skyy and her socks on Jan 22, 2016 22:47:11 GMT
For many cats, the Beetleberry they know is a medicine cat that is hard to hate. Quiet in nature, he doesn’t cause a stir or get under anyone’s paws. He only peacefully inputs his thoughts when requested, and treats everyone with respect. Gentle in expression and words, he’s well known for sugar-coating and trying to make all news easy to swallow for everyone involved, and many are sure he couldn’t hurt a fly if he wanted to. He appears a compassionate soul who cares deeply for all those he comes in contact with, a cat who’d do anything to help anyone, but has had a bad run when it comes to the injuries that end up in his den. He’s seen to have a pleasant sense of humour and a sweet sort of charm to him, paired with a playful, kit-like innocence at times. He’s a cat who seems to have many friends and who always has the time and the ear for any cat who wants someone to talk to. If anything, he’s too soft for his own too, too quick to trust and easy to forgive. He seems to be easily hurt and feel everyone’s emotions too hard.
The truth of the matter? He’s a cat with a serious superiority complex, who believes medicine cats are the deciders of life and death. They are the ones who walk the earth and make the decisions for other cats, with warriors being only cats who are deluded into thinking they have any sort of power. For him, medicine cats are the bringers of good and bad, the true leaders of the clans. He’s a cold-blooded killer who gets away with it in the name of healing the clan, and it’s only a matter of time till this escalates.
Right now, he can make wounds worse and kill with herbs without others knowing anything beyond sickness or wounds that couldn’t be stopped from festering. However, that’s not enough, he wants to be the true decider, and needs skilled claws to do that. He wants to make a move, and make sure that the clan are brought away from their delusions, and recognise the truth order, StarClan’s disapproval be damned.
It has led to him exploring, trying plants and herbs for different purposes, searching for the least obvious and most dangerous combinations to kill those around him. With Redstar’s assistance, he is well on his way to becoming exactly what he wants to be.
However, a road is about to branch, and standing in the middle is Flurrypaw, no doubt StarClan’s intervention. Things are about to change.
This is a mini-plot sort of deal that is currently taking place in WindClan, underlying all the current rogue details and eventually building. The ending is still up in the air, due to a significant change that will be taking place. The details that need to be known so far are below:
• Beetleberry is receiving battle training from Redstar, in the wake of the current rogue issues to stop him from being at risk of them. Needless to say, this has fallen right into his plans without issue.
• He is currently experimenting with herbs, which means those who have managed to get on his bad side, or seem like even more of a waste of space than most warriors may risk experimentation with their wounds, leading to the worsening, rather than improvement of some issues.
• Flurrypaw currently remain the avid, oblivious apprentice following his every word, and as far as he can see, she’s going to follow in his pawsteps and help continue the legacy. However this will not last forever.
• Swiftfoot, who continues to be a thorn in his side, is slated for death, and it will only be Flurrypaw’s interference that will get in the way of this successfully happening, deciding her fate.
• Slowly, Beetleberry is gathering close “allies”, cats who admire and idolise him, cats who with soft words and gentle ideas, he will turn to his beliefs, where medicine cats are the true leaders of the clans, and the most powerful in their skills to heal, and link to StarClan, where leaders and deputies are mere cats with too big of a head who cause others to get hurt for no reason. These followers will eventually help his start to spread such ideas. This won’t get too far, however, these cats will be important for the future of things.
• At this stage the ending to this tale isn’t known, however, cats will be killed, both on purpose and accidentally, and eventually I’d like for his “followers” for the most part to break from him, as he starts to stumble, heading down a dark path that takes some of his sanity.
I know it’s a bit sketchy at this stage, however, given we have changed from the original plan with Flurrypaw’s involvement, things are much more open for development and change. So if you have a character you have an idea for as far as their involvement, I’d love to hear about it! However, for some ideas, these are some characters we’re currently looking for:
• THE WARRIOR
Taken by tikker ♪ ♫ with Redstar
This is the cat who teaches Beetleberry to fight. Whether this cat can be brainwashed into Beetleberry’s thoughts and side with him, or be an unwilling participant is up to the roleplayer involved.
• THE WRONGLY HEALED
Currently: crescendo with sandpaw (blinded), a lost cause with timberpaw (undecided), blossom(semi-hiatus) with wren--- (undecided)These are cats who Beetleberry kills or permanently damages with herbs. These must be cats he doesn’t like, who may like him regardless, or who he might see as particularly pointless in their existance. Preferably I'd like at least one needs to be an accepted character, but an NPC or two is okay too. This won’t be happening immediately, I’d like to establish their relationship first though, so there’s time for other things before the plot will happen.
• THE STOLEN
Currently: just atlanta. with rowanfrostThese are the cats who Beetleberry outrightly murders, and covers up. These must be cats he doesn’t like, who may like him regardless, and needs to be an accepted character. This won’t be happening immediately, I’d like to establish their relationship first though, and Beetleberry will need to learn to fight, so there’s time for other things before the plot will happen.
• THE SAVED
Taken by alee with SwiftfootThe cat who, when wounded, Beetleberry wants to kill, and Flurrypaw saves. This must be a cat he doesn’t like, who may like him regardless. This won’t be happening immediately, as their relationship will need to be built, and Flurrypaw’s training will need to progress first.
• THE FOLLOWERS
Currently: @july with Nightnose (less follower, more fear/family), lord wolfscream✰ with Sandwisp, a lost cause with Foxcloud, ava ♡ with Vixenpaw, Thunderp with Blurrypaw (potentially, not confirmed)These are cats who Beetleberry has spoken the truth to, and who follow him with devotion. They believe his stories and help him with his plans. They are all good cats, but simply view things as Beetleberry views them, medicine cats hold the true power.